Monday, May 16, 2011

May 1, 2011

It was a glorious day! Family from all over the midwest came to our small part of the world to help us celebrate two wonderful events. Sunday morning we had Savannah's blessing. My heart was so full of love and joy for this little girl. Ryan and I always knew there were three little persons to be a part of our family. We got the first two pretty quickly, but the caboose took a little longer. I often ask her why she had to wait so long to come to our family; she just coos back at me. Savannah fills our home with peace and love. The other two children are so sweet and kind with her. I just hope it stays that way, especially when she learns to get into their stuff!






































After Savannah's blessing, it was time to attend my graduation. I don't have any pics of me being pinned, but I do have pics of me and the girls from school. I owe so much to these girls. They supported and encouraged me during one of the most challenging years of my life. Being pregnant and going to nursing school is not recommended! I had such a great team behind me cheering me on.











To my family, thank you. I believe my children sacrificed the most. I couldn't always be there for field trips, to read to them at night, to give my 100% to them each day. I did the best I could, and they were okay with that; not always happy about it, but they just seemed to understand. To my spouse, I too am grateful. I remember one morning I was home alone. I had just received my cardiac exam back and it was the first time I hadn't received an A on a test. The exam was intense and I had given all I could to it. My time was so limited with work, family, school, being pregnant & Ryan being gone a lot. I sat at the kitchen table and just sobbed. Ryan had stopped by the house to drop the dog off from being groomed, when he found me a hot mess at the table. I can still remember his words of encouragement. I'm sure in his mind he thought it was no big deal, but to me it was huge. His thoughtful words helped me realize that it's okay and that I would one day be a successful nurse.


To my extended family, thank you. Although we live miles away, there were always words of encouragement. I remember when we had just announced that I was pregnant my sister called to talk about our news. I remember her saying to me, "You have to finish this (school)! We will help you with whatever you need in order for you to finish school." Just knowing that my family believed in me, gave me what I needed.


To my non-nursing friends, thank you. Thank you for watching my children on a weekly basis. Knowing that they were well taken care of made going to school easier. Leaving a two week old baby to go back to school is not easy, but you made that easier by loving her so much. I couldn't ask for better friends.

2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

We are very proud of you and your accomplishments. I remember your 1st grade teacher saying you had great determination and if it could be channeled in the right direction YOU COULD DO ANYTHING and you proved that teacher right! You set a great example to your children in working hard to achieve your goals and finding success!
CONGRATULATIONS

Amanda said...

YEAH! It was a fun weekend. I'm glad we could be there!